More basic newbie questions

Mark Constable markc at renta.net
Tue Feb 25 09:54:04 UTC 2014

On 02/25/14 18:29, Marius Vollmer wrote:
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/storaged
>> https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/cockpit-git
>
> Oho, cool!  But please don't advertise these two packages as 'stable' or
> 'useable' just yet...

Sure. It's a given AUR source packages are "use at your own risk".

> I'll try to strip it down so that it works out of the box with upstream
> PAM (if there is such a thing).

That would be wonderful for non-rpm users. I just read the link below and I
really would not like to have to go through this just to satisfy a dependency
for cockpit when I have no other use for selinux.

http://www.jamesthebard.net/site/archlinux-selinux-and-you-a-trip-down-the-rabbit-hole/