Cockpit as a privileged container?

Stef Walter stefw at redhat.com
Wed Aug 13 06:43:58 UTC 2014

On 12.08.2014 21:26, William Henry wrote:
> Stef can we get the list of packages needed for Cockpit?

Currently it looks like this:

Direct dependencies (link time):

accountsservice-libs >= 0.6.35
glib >= 2.24
glib-networking >= 2.24
gudev >= 165
json-glib >= 0.14.0
libssh >= 0.6.0
libsystemd-journal >= 187
libsystemd-daemon
lvm2
keyutils
krb5
pam
polkit-agent-1 >= 0.105
udisks2 >= 2.1.0

Run time dependencies on system being managed (outside of a theoretical
superpriv container):

dbus
docker (optional)
geard (optional)
firewalld (optional)
polkit
lvm2
systemd
mdadm
NetworkManager
realmd
storaged
udisks2

Other (non-standard) build dependencies

libgsystem
jsl
pkg-config
xsltproc
docbook
libxslt
perl-Locale-PO
perl-JSON

> BTW is this getting backported to Fedora 20?

Yes, it's been available in Fedora 20 updates-testing since February.

$ sudo yum install --enablerepo=updates-testing cockpit
$ sudo yum enable cockpit.socket
$ xdg-open http://localhost:1001

> How are we getting this into RHEL 7 today?

So far people can try this out in RHEL 7 Atomic. It's not yet available
in RHEL 7 proper.

Stef