Basic Kerberos/GSSAPI working

Stef Walter stefw at redhat.com
Fri Nov 22 14:52:29 UTC 2013

I've implemented basic support for Kerberos (ie: SSO) auth in Cockpit.

I'll be working on polishing this further, and I don't think it's ready
for merge. But I did get kerberos authentication working against my
FreeIPA instance. Happiness.

Needs unit tests, and needs documentation. I won't pretend it's ready
for general consumption. Doesn't yet use the kerberos credentials to
connect out to other servers. Not tested with gss-proxy.

One thing of note, is that we need to handle unauthorized responses at
the HTTP level. Currently for /socket we respond with a JSON message
when the cookie has expired. However this won't work for kerberos, as
the client needs proper headers, and can/should re-authenticate right
then and there. I haven't fully tested out the implications of this
change, and we may need to tweak this further.

There's also some refactoring of the CockpitAuth and credential code.

Available on my wip/gssapi-auth github branch for the morbidly curious.

https://github.com/stefwalter/cockpit/tree/wip/gssapi-auth

Cheers,

Stef