[cobbler] install issue

Jeremy Jeremy.Mordkoff at riftio.com
Wed Sep 17 20:22:54 UTC 2014

On 09/17/2014 01:59 PM, nacc wrote:
> Hi Jeremy,
>
> On 2014-09-17 07:16, Jeremy Mordkoff wrote:
>> Cobbler newbie here....apologies in advance if I haven't found all of
>> the online resources and this is a known issue....
>>
>> Running FC20 on the host and as the install image. Everything works
>> fine most of the time. The exception is when I force a netboot and
>> reboot using the cobbler command line, the target hangs about 60% of
>> the time right after scanning the disks. The next step should ne to
>> download the kickstart file, but I don't see the http request on the
>> cobbler server.
>>
>> Are there any tricks to debugging this? The anaconda console just
>> pauses.
>>
>> JLM
>>
>> cobbler system edit --name grunt --netboot=1
>
> Isn't the flag --netboot-enabled?
>
> -Nish

Yes it is. And if I force a second reboot using any method at all, it
will work the second time.

It seems to hang after scanning the existing SSD. I think the next step
is to download the kickstart file over http from the cobbler server, but
I don't see any evidence that it even tried.

I can't debug this at all. There's no second virtual terminal on the
console, no ssh.

Thanks,
JLM