[cobbler] Basic startup of cobbler on Ubuntu 14.04

Paul Michali (pcm) pcm at cisco.com
Thu Sep 4 12:05:11 UTC 2014

Hi Timo,

I’m using a newly created VM with Ubuntu 14.04, which I did update/upgrade. I just did a “sudo apt-get purge cobbler-web” and then “sudo apt-get install -f cobbler-web”.

dpkg shows...

ii  cobbler                             2.4.1-0ubuntu2                      all          Install server
ii  cobbler-common                      2.4.1-0ubuntu2                      all          Cobbler Install server - common files
ii  cobbler-web                         2.4.1-0ubuntu2                      all          Cobbler Install server - web interface
ii  python-cobbler                      2.4.1-0ubuntu2                      all          Install server - python libraries.

When I ran dpkg -L cobbler-web, it showed that there should be files in /usr/share/cobbler/web, but when I look at cobbler_web.conf (for apache2, which was removed and reinstalled, so I know it isn’t a lingering file), it references /usr/local/share/cobbler/web/.

This should be the distro version, right?
Should I install some other version?
Any idea why there is a mismatch between what is loaded and what is being referenced?

Thanks!

PCM (Paul Michali)

MAIL …..…. pcm at cisco.com
IRC ……..… pcm_ (irc.freenode.com)
TW ………... @pmichali
GPG Key … 4525ECC253E31A83
Fingerprint .. 307A 96BB 1A4C D2C7 931D 8D2D 4525 ECC2 53E3 1A83