[cobbler] Basic startup of cobbler on Ubuntu 14.04

Paul Michali (pcm) pcm at cisco.com
Wed Sep 3 22:28:36 UTC 2014

Thanks for the response Timo!

I think I had them from an attempt of installing from source and placed them there, when trying to get cobbler-web working. So, I disabled and removed this config file. I also purged and reinstalled cobbler-web via apt-get.

I see that in the conf.d and conf-enabled, the cobbler_web.conf and cobbler.conf files are present. However, in cobbler_web.conf it mentions a location as /usr/local/share/cobbler/…, but there is no such directory.

Should there have been a /usr/local/share/cobbler/web/ area? If so, any idea what went wrong? It looks like it is not finding the needed file (from log):
[Wed Sep 03 17:59:28.176258 2014] [:error] [pid 2929:tid 140418041784064] [client 10.86.244.120:58132] Target WSGI script not found or unable to stat: /usr/local/share/cobbler

Here’s the config file:

<Directory "/usr/local/share/cobbler/web/">
        <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
            SSLRequireSSL
        </IfModule>
        <IfModule mod_nss.c>
            NSSRequireSSL
        </IfModule>
        SetEnv VIRTUALENV
        Options Indexes MultiViews
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

<Directory "/srv/www/cobbler_webui_content/">
        <IfModule mod_ssl.c>
            SSLRequireSSL
        </IfModule>
        <IfModule mod_nss.c>
            NSSRequireSSL
        </IfModule>
        Options +Indexes +FollowSymLinks
        AllowOverride None
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>

# Use separate process group for wsgi
WSGISocketPrefix /var/run/wsgi
WSGIScriptAlias /cobbler_web /usr/local/share/cobbler/web/cobbler.wsgi
WSGIDaemonProcess cobbler_web display-name=%{GROUP}
WSGIProcessGroup cobbler_web
WSGIPassAuthorization On

<IfVersion >= 2.4>
    <Location /cobbler_web>
        Require all granted
    </Location>
</IfVersion>

Regards,

PCM (Paul Michali)

MAIL …..…. pcm at cisco.com
IRC ……..… pcm_ (irc.freenode.com)
TW ………... @pmichali
GPG Key … 4525ECC253E31A83
Fingerprint .. 307A 96BB 1A4C D2C7 931D 8D2D 4525 ECC2 53E3 1A83