[cobbler] General cobbler repo question

Daniel Paquet daniel.paquet at nokernel.com
Thu May 22 17:23:56 UTC 2014

Hello list,

  I would like to know if cobbler is able to do versioned repo sync.

  I will try to explain what I mean here.

  I want to be able to have multiple metadata for the same repo.

  Example, I want to be able to sync a repository on monday, and create the
metadata for that monday.

  And sync the same repo tuesday, but have also the metadata for tuestday.

  With this I can have some servers on the monday metadata while some
others are on the tuesday metadata.

   With this I am able to put some servers on a more up to date metadata
while some others are on a older one.

   I want to do this to control which new packages is installed in the
systems, that way I wont crash all systems in the event of a bad package
(from me or a 3rd party).

--
Daniel Paquet