[cobbler] upgrade issue

Ed Deloye EDeloye at rfmd.com
Mon Feb 10 13:52:20 UTC 2014

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 21:14:16 +0000
From: Ed Deloye <EDeloye at rfmd.com>
To: "cobbler at lists.fedorahosted.org" <cobbler at lists.fedorahosted.org>
Subject: [cobbler] upgrade issue

Process:

1)    Built a new system

2)    Install cobbler 2.4.0 on the new system

3)    Stopped cobblerd on new system

4)    Copied /var/lib/cobbler/config from system running cobbler 2.2.1

5)    Started cobblerd on the new system

After this I see all the distros and profiles except the ones for RHEL 5.10. This is true in both the CLI and the web interface. Does anyone have any ideas as to why and what I can do to correct this?

Thanks,
Ed

There are basically two types of people. People who accomplish things, and people who claim to have accomplished things. The first group is less crowded.
Mark Twain<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/m/marktwain393535.html>

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

------------------------------

Message: 3
On 02/07/2014 02:14 PM, Ed Deloye wrote:
> Process:
>

> 1)    Built a new system
>
> 2)    Install cobbler 2.4.0 on the new system
>
> 3)    Stopped cobblerd on new system
>
> 4)    Copied /var/lib/cobbler/config from system running cobbler 2.2.1
>
> 5)    Started cobblerd on the new system
>

> After this I see all the distros and profiles except the ones for RHEL
> 5.10. This is true in both the CLI and the web interface. Does anyone
> have any ideas as to why and what I can do to correct this?
>

> Thanks,
>
> Ed

Are all of the paths referenced in the RHEL 5.10 configs still present?
 cobbler will not display distros/profiles for which various kernel/initrd/etc? items are not found.

--
Orion Poplawski
3380 Mitchell Lane                  orion at cora.nwra.com

Orion,

 Yes, the path to both the initrd and kernel are still present. It is that same path that is used in all of the other distros that are being displayed.

Ed