[cobbler] Creating custom/local repos

André Gemünd andre.gemuend at scai.fraunhofer.de
Tue Aug 19 16:07:32 UTC 2014

Michael,

I assume you mean on hosts which you installed with Cobbler? In that case, it depends. There is an entry called "Repos" on the objects, I conveniently set them on the profiles, in which you add references to the mirrored repos. If you then also have a $yum_config_stanza in your kickstarts %post section, cobbler will create a cobbler-config.repo in the hosts /etc/yum.repos.d/ folder. Note that this is not necessarily enough for RHEL/SL/CentOS, as they have rpms which contain the upstream repos. So I usually exclude the yum-config packages from installation and check for other repo files in my post scripts. btw, if you also add a $yum_repo_stanza in the head of your kickstart, you can directly use the additional repos during installation, which is e.g. handy for installing with the updates repo or EPEL enabled.

Cheers
Andre

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----