[cobbler] Creating custom/local repos

Michael Tiernan mtiernan at mit.edu
Tue Aug 19 15:06:06 UTC 2014

On 8/12/14 3:02 PM, alastair at alastair-munro.com wrote:
> Added a page on the wiki on how to create your own custom repos for
> putting rpms that don't fit anywhere else:

This leads me to a question that I've been working on.

I just need to know if I've been working under an incorrect assumption.

I was under the impression that *somehow*, if I add a repo (and mirror
it) under cobbler (e.g. EPEL) that cobbler would/could create a repo
entry, in my case, in /etc/yum.repos.d/ for EPEL that points to my
mirror and not to the upstream master.

Did I mis understand something?

Right now I'm assuming that I've not gotten that part of the
configuration done correctly and will eventually "get it right" along
with all the other things I'm doing.

Thanks for everyone's time.