[cobbler] Enabling pxe boot option via ipmi?

Jennifer Patrick jpatrick at dyn.com
Tue Aug 12 18:36:50 UTC 2014

Hiya.

Just wondering if anyone has figured out a way via the API, or how to
show-horn it into the web-interface, to enable cobbler to set a pxe boot
flag on a system.  Currently in cobbler we can do the equivalent of:

ipmitool -H 1.2.3.4 -U USER -P PASS chassis power on
ipmitool -H 1.2.3.4 -U USER -P PASS chassis power off

for powering on/off...

But can we enable a way to do:
ipmitool -H 1.2.3.4 -U USER -P PASS chassis bootdev pxe   ?

That would allow us to flag systems for booting off the network interface
upon the next reboot, and that way, we don't always have to have the
network device set as the first boot device in the bios.  (The method that
we currently use)

Thanks for reading.
J. Patrick