[cobbler] Stateless live boot

a. thissideup at riseup.net
Mon Aug 11 16:09:34 UTC 2014

We are currently looking into PXE boot systems and were hoping for a
solution where we can sort of "live boot" a machine through an OS-image
on the PXE-server. "live boot" in this sense should mean that in a way
the complete OS gets loaded into RAM of the node and used from there -
basically just as Linux live cd's work.

Is this possible with cobbler? Right now when booted through PXE an
installer is started and provisions the OS onto the machine's hard
drive. If possible this is something we would want to avoid.

Any help so I can figure this out would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,
alex.