[cobbler] Putting files under /var/www/cobbler/pub?

alastair at alastair-munro.com alastair at alastair-munro.com
Tue Aug 5 19:14:03 UTC 2014

I have not been able to find any documentation about what you can or
cannot put in the pub dir. I know the cobbler web generated iso gets put
here, and the pub dir appears to be left alone when doing a cobbler
sync, etc. Is it safe to put stuff in here or is there then potential
that it might get wiped if cobbler was upgraded at a future date?
Googling finds deleting the pub dir was an issue and it got fixed! Would
hate to loose the dir one day!

Another question: Our cobbler server makes an ideal internal yum server.
Its already got the distros installed and thus it makes sense to use it
(most of the time cobbler is sitting there doing nothing). Thus I would
like to create a supplemental repo for all the additional stuff that we
install. Where should I put these repos? Under the pub dir?

If using pub is not a good idea, then its probably worth moving the
stuff I have in there elsewhere and adding another http browsable area
to apache like http://server/cobbler?

Thanks

Alastair Munro