[cobbler] Importing F18 using Cobbler 2.2.3 and locally mirrored F18 repos

Bret Wortman bret.wortman at damascusgrp.com
Fri Mar 8 18:14:18 UTC 2013

*
*Bret Wortman*
<http://damascusgrp.com/>
http://damascusgrp.com/ <http://bretwortman.com/>
http://twitter.com/BretWortmanI've got some systems that aren't connected
to the internet, so i have to mirror the repositories I need to them and
then import them into Cobbler for use. This is usually problematic, but has
gotten especially difficult with F18.

My Cobbler instance that *can* see the internet imported from
mirrors.fedora.org just fine, so I mirrored that repo using lftp and
brought it over to my other system. So far so good. I made those same
directories available via http as server/repo/Fedora/$basearch/os/

When I try to import these, though, I get the following behaviors:

# cobbler import --name=F18 --path=http://server/repo/Fedora/18/i386/os
 --available-as=http://server/repo/Fedora/18/i386/os --arch=i386

Bombs almost immediately; the log file just says "unsupported protocol".

# cobbler import --name=F18 --path=/path/to/Fedora/18/i386/os
--available-as=http://server/repo/Fedora/18/i386/os --arch=i386

This runs for quite a while, but it rsyncs, which creates two copies of the
data -- I thought the --available-as flag was supposed to avoid this; I
really don't need duplicate data on my server. Eventually, though, this too
errors out and the log only says:

an exception occurred while running the import manager
error wsa: [Errno 9] Bad file descriptor
No  import managers found a valid signature at the location specified.

This is on Cobbler 2.2.3 from the RedHat repos.

Any ideas?