[cobbler] RFC: adding a cobbler debmirror.template?

Zack Perry zack.perry at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 30 17:38:07 UTC 2012

> Just use the mini-iso's (current signature file doesn't work
> with them though). The current ubuntu cobbler package has a handy
> tool for pulling the iso and importing a (ubuntu) distro/profile
> using it, wonder if it would be useful to upstream as well.. after
> making it at least a bit less distro-specific.

You were referring that cobbler-ubuntu-import bash script, right?
Yes. My view too.  But, I have been able to PXE boot Ubuntu 12.04.1
and 12.10 64bit, both servers and desktops, using 2.4.0 from
epel-testing directly without using said script.  So, whether the
upstream really needs it is IMHO optional.

> > BTW, of the Debian/Ubuntu section of this file:
> > https://github.com/cobbler/cobbler/blob/master/config/import_rsync_whitelist,
> > the sub-section about netboot is no longer applicable
> > since Canonical has decided to provide the netboot images
> > separately, outside of its offical repository hierarchy.
>
> Care to explain a bit more? AFAICT the netboot images are
> exactly where they used to be.

Thanks.  I need to correct myself a bit.  Yes. netbook images
are available at for example for 12.10-x86_64 at:

http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/dists/quantal/main/installer-amd64/current/images/

or the daily build area.

The hierarchy, however, differs from what you may get from an iso
image. IMO Red Hat systems are more consistent in this regard.

Regards,

-- Zack