[cobbler] cobbler 2.4.0, Fedora 17, eth0 and em1

Zack Perry zack.perry at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 20 19:42:02 UTC 2012

Gentlemen, thanks for your feedback.  Yes. I am aware of the fact that many people are not happy with the change.  But actually it's the scheme that was used by SunOS/Solaris for many years.
I am agnostic about such a change.  We can't change a vendor's product decision, so we just go with it.
Regards,
-- Zack
I was really struggling with this until I did an rpm -e biosdevname, and all my devices are named eth0 like they used to be now. Cobbler dealt with the device names just fine, but Puppet was having no end of trouble.
unfortunately i think the work flow is:

cobbler system edit --name=foo --interface=eth0 --delete-interface
cobbler system edit --name=foo --interface=em1 --ip-address= blahblahblah

-greg