[cobbler] cobbler 2.4.0 and problems booting Ubuntu 12.10 desktop 64bit

Zack Perry zack.perry at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 16 07:00:16 UTC 2012

Hi James,

Thanks for your response.

You meant what Jorgen said inĀ http://www.mail-archive.com/cobbler@lists.fedorahosted.org/msg08100.html? quoted "downloading an daily cdrom image and use the kernel/initrd from that."?

So far, I have consistent success using cobbler import loop mounted ubuntu-12.04.1-server-x86_64.iso without needing anything from the Ubuntu daily cdrom image site. I will try to PXE boot 12.04.1 alternative CD tomorrow evening. If I succeed again, I will test Fedora and RHEL.  Once I am done with these, I will come back to 12.10.

> That is a known issue with the x86_64 ISO currently available (date
> of 10/17 I believe). I think Jorgen had a workaround that he shared
> on the mailing list, beyond that it's broken on Ubuntu's end.

Regards,

-- Zack