[cobbler] Cobbler 2.4.0 sample.seed not rendering kickstart_done snippet?

Zack Perry zack.perry at sbcglobal.net
Thu Nov 15 00:45:30 UTC 2012

[...]
> The entire kickstart_done snippet seems to be ignored. Is
> this a known issue, or is there a hint for me to debug it?

[...]

Yup.  I simplified the end of my copy of the sample.seed to to the following:

# This command is run just before the install finishes, but when there is
# still a usable /target directory. You can chroot to /target and use it
# directly, or use the apt-install and in-target commands to easily install
# packages and run commands in the target system.
# d-i preseed/late_command string [command]
$pxe_just_once
$kickstart
$SNIPPET('kickstart_done')

Then, a cobbler system getks --name=nb1 shows the following:

# This command is run just before the install finishes, but when there is
# still a usable /target directory. You can chroot to /target and use it
# directly, or use the apt-install and in-target commands to easily install
# packages and run commands in the target system.
# d-i preseed/late_command string [command]
1
/var/lib/cobbler/kickstarts/ubuntu-server.seed

So, I suspect that there is a bug?

Regards,

-- Zack