[cobbler] Cobbler 2.4.0, Ubuntu 12.04.1 64bit server == not using local repo?

James Cammarata jimi at sngx.net
Wed Nov 14 12:40:39 UTC 2012

On Tue, Nov 13, 2012 at 10:49 PM, Zack Perry <zack.perry at sbcglobal.net>wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> [...]
> (1) PXE booting Ubuntu does need to use the {linux, initrd.gz} in netboot
> subdirectory. I finally dug out enough Ubuntu documentation on Ubuntu Web
> site to confirm what we have learned from trials and errors.
>

> This makes sense. Perhaps the Ubuntu distro import needs to be updated to
> properly pull in the netboot kernel and ramdisk.
>

> Indeed! This follow-up is cc-ed to James.

Another user recently pointed me towards this github repo:

https://github.com/jtopjian/cobbler-admin

I haven't gone through all of it, but there might be more items in there
that might help you out. Specifically, there are some snippets to do static
networking, which I was actually working on separately from this.

I've also merged my signature branch into my master repo on github:

https://github.com/jimi1283/cobbler

This is the branch I have been using to primarily test out ubuntu support,
and I have done 12.04 and 12.10 successfully with it. So if you're
comfortable with installing from source or if you have another system you
could install it on for testing, you might want to give it a test.