[cobbler] Ideal home test lab setup for testing out cobbler?

Zack Perry zack.perry at sbcglobal.net
Mon Nov 5 23:33:33 UTC 2012

Hi,

Yeah, the home router as DHCP server works.  But at work, we use both dnsmasq and ISC DHCP servers (on different subnets), but cobbler manages them. My home router has a Web UI, but it's not as flexible as I would like it to be.  I have been searching alternatives, OpenSSH VPN looks promising, but I haven't had the setup to try it yet.

Regards,

-- Zack

[...]

I run ESXi 5 and intend to update it to 5.1 which should give me the new web based admin. Not sure if that is part of esxi. I run all my VMs on two networks. A private network interconnect between the machines and a "management" network that allows me to be able to ssh to the boxes that is connected to a network card and my home router which also does the dhcp.

My pico cent's worth.
Regards