[cobbler] cobbler import and available-as option

Jason Graham jason.michael.graham at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 18:00:36 UTC 2012

Hello,
We use Artifactory to manage our artifact repository, including syncing our
distro repos from the vendor. Up until now I have been using the import
command to import form a mounted vendor DVD on our Cobbler server. What I
would like to do it is have it always use our Artifactory server as that
will always be available the systems we build. Per documentation the
--available-as option should do this for me. Also, from documentation
examples it shows that it should work over HTTP. The syntax I am using is...

cobbler import --path=http://repo.myserver.com:/artifactory/rhel-6.3-base/x86_64/
--name=rhel6.3 --avaialble-as=http://repo.myserver.com:
/artifactory/rhel-6.3-base/x86_64/

The import task fails. The log shows it tried to use rsync. Does it not
work over http or am I using the wrong syntax?

Mon Nov  5 09:42:30 2012 - INFO | importing from a network location,
running rsync to fetch the files first
Mon Nov  5 09:42:30 2012 - INFO | unsupported protocol

Regards,
Jason