[cobbler] Ideal home test lab setup for testing out cobbler?

Virginian virginian at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Nov 5 09:24:45 UTC 2012

I run a mixture of kit, briefly as follows:

2 x Intel Atom D525 running Citrix Xenserver (free version) with shared
storage via DRBD

2. x Core i3 running Centos 6.3, KVM and Cluster suite with shared
storage via DRBD

1 x Celeron 1Ghz laptop with 1GB RAM running Fedora 18 xfce destop (runs
very well for me)

My cobbler server is a KVM guest with one virtual CPU and 512MB RAM. It
has worked perfectly fine for me when building guests with cobbler / koan.

Other services I run virtualised are postfix, DNS, NTP, apache, bacula,
squid. I tend to run a service in it's own guest OS (Centos 6).

My home network is GB with a Belkin wireless router.