[cobbler] Ideal home test lab setup for testing out cobbler?

Zack Perry zack.perry at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 3 01:06:33 UTC 2012

I have finally moved to a bigger place. Now I finally have some space to setup a home test lab for testing various cobbler related ideas.  Currently, my new place has AT&T Uverse Internet service, a 2Wire 3600HGV Router, I have also got a few notebooks and netbooks as my first set of test hardware. Nearly all of them run Linux (CentOS, SL, Ubuntu, and Fedora), only one runs Windows XP/Home SP3.

I am sure that I am not the only who want to have a home-based test lab :-)  For these who have gone down this route, do you mind sharing a bit of your setup?  I am most interested in getting some cost-effective hardware for my own "small lab".  I have got a few notebooks.  Very proficient in RHEL, Fedora, Ubuntu, and KVM.

Regards,

--Zack.