SELinux on Scientific Linux 6.x

Johan Sunnerstig Johan.Sunnerstig at auriga.se
Wed Dec 28 09:26:02 UTC 2011

Hello.
I'm in the process of setting up Cobbler on an SL 6.1 box.
Currently I'm using 2.0.11 from the EPEL repo.

I *think* I have the SELinux issues worked out, but it'd be nice to know, so I figured I'd ask if anyone else has set this up, and if there's any documentation for it?
I've set the the fcontexts as suggested by "cobbler check", this isn't reflected in subsequent runs but from what Google could tell me, this seems to be fairly normal? On the other hand there seems to be lots of confusion surrounding Cobbler and SELinux.
I suppose what I'm really asking is if there's anyone who can set the record straight on what needs to be done to make Cobbler and SELinux play nice together, or whether SELinux should just be disabled alltogether for now, pending changes to the selinux-policy package?

Regards
Johan Sunnerstig