Issues starting cobblerd after an upgrade to 2.2.1-1.el5

Michael DeHaan michael.dehaan at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 18:54:55 UTC 2011

change config.py temporarily on line 266, so we can see the actual exception. It probably means that there's some junk in one of your configuration files, but probably not something python2.4 specific at all. It is probably wrong for Cobbler to be hiding the original traceback from you.

  try:
               if not serializer.deserialize(item): raise ""
           except:
               raise CX("serializer: error loading collection %s. Check /etc/cobbler/modules.conf" %
item.collection_type())

TO JUST:

serializer.deserialize(item)

removing the level of indentation before it. Once you do that, restart cobblerd and see what you get.

-- Michael