redhat "rescue mode"?

David Lee David.Lee at ecmwf.int
Thu Dec 15 14:28:54 UTC 2011

Thanks, Michael.  I filed a ticket (#14) on 7 December.  Joergen Mass is
also interested in this topic.

My personal view, following a brief discussion with Joergen, remains
that we ought to view this primarily from the angle of "keep it simple
and well-documented for the average end-user".  We shouldn't have to
tell the user to set up new profiles or any such techno-geekery.  If
such things have to happen "under the covers", then the typical user
should not need to know about it.  If it /really/ is necessary for the
end-user to have to do it, then first of all we need to write accurate,
clear, unambiguous documentation, then implement what the documentation
says.

Hope that helps.

-- David Lee