importing an iso

Kelly Goedert kelly.goedert at gmail.com
Tue Dec 13 10:13:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

I installed ubuntu orchestra server, and a pxe server, with which I can
make a server installation through the network perfectly. Now I would like
to also be able to make desktop installations. So I imagined that I only
had to import the iso images I wanted, and the rest of the process would be
pretty much the same as to the servers. I followed the instructions I found
here https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Cobbler/Import and then I executed
cobbler sync. I was expecting that a distro and a profile would be created,
but they weren't.

So, my questions:

Is it possible to install a desktop version of ubuntu, this way? What else
besides the instructions on the link I have to do?

Thank you

Kelly