redhat "rescue mode"?

David Lee David.Lee at ecmwf.int
Tue Dec 6 14:24:33 UTC 2011

Thanks, Michael.

This isn't urgent for us.  But it is something which I think would be
very, very nice to have readily and easily available in the future.

For any established system "client1", it would be good to be able to do
something as simple as a re-enabling of the original specification:

    cobbler system edit --name=client1 \
      --netboot-enabled=true --rescue-mode=true

An alternative syntax might be:
    cobbler system edit --name=client1 --netboot-enabled=rescue

I merely offer those two as possible suggestions; I can see good and
not-so-good in both.

The essential point is simplicity and (as Michael says) "it also
immediately exposes the capabilities to those who didn't know it was there."

Should I raise this on "cobbler-devel"?

--
: David Lee