redhat "rescue mode"?

David Lee David.Lee at ecmwf.int
Tue Dec 6 10:48:06 UTC 2011

(Using cobbler 2.0.11 with RHEL 5.6.)

I may have missed the documentation on this: if so, simply point me in
the right direction!

During the last few months we have developed a cobbler installation for
installing new client systems, and are happy with it.  Indeed, most of
our boxes don't have internal DVD drives, so cobbler has been essential.

But one thing we would like to be able to do occasionally is to boot a
client box into a "rescue mode".  The most recent example was when we
had some suspect memory on a disk controller.

Is there some sort of recipe somewhere for running a "rescue mode" boot
of a cobbler client system?

--
: David Lee
: ECMWF (Data Handling System)