[cobbler-devel] Cobbler 2.6.0 released

Jörgen Maas jorgen.maas at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 11:28:54 UTC 2014

Hey all,

I just tagged and released Cobbler 2.6.0

This release cycle was primarily aimed at providing our software directly
to our users, so besides the many changes to our build & packaging
infrastructure not a lot of new features have been introduced.

 New Features:

   - Initial support for Nexenta 4: distro import and manual PXE booting
   - Added support for ESXi 6
   - Improved support for running Cobbler inside a chroot() or container
   - Added a config setting (always_write_dhcp_entries) to always write
   DHCP entries regardless of netboot setting

Bugfixes:

   - Lots of code cleanup & some bugfixes
   - Minor improvements to the documentation

Source release: http://www.cobblerd.org/downloads/source.html
Packages: http://www.cobblerd.org/downloads/packages.html
Manual: http://www.cobblerd.org/manuals/2.6.0/
Quick-start guide: http://www.cobblerd.org/manuals/quickstart/