[cobbler-devel] Cobbler tests question

Alan Evangelista alanoe at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Apr 9 13:52:18 UTC 2014

On 04/09/2014 10:18 AM, Jörgen Maas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sometime ago.. someone started work to overhaul the unit/integration
> tests, i suppose this work never got finished.
> Frankly i'm not all that familiar with the current tests and to be
> honest my time atm is too limited to dive into that subject...
>
> Too "answer" your questions:
> 1) Merging both test directories seems wise.
> 2) I don't think there's any real benefit; your reasoning makes sense
> 3) I suppose this test server is hosted by James. I agree that it
> should be available to all developers or the test should be changed.
> 4) Return-codes are an issue with the CLI, so yes output parsing
> should probably be added
> 5) Yes
>
> So, If you have an interest in improving Cobblers quality and are
> willing to step up and improve the test framework i'm all for that.
> I'm willing to merge any improvements!

Thanks for the feedback. I have already updated CLI / XML-RPC tests and
merged both tests directories.
I will rebase that on top of master and submit the patches upstream as
soon as I can (probably next few weeks).

I do not know James. He accesses this mailing list often or should I
contact him directly to talk about the test server?

Regards,
Alan Evangelista