Smart tftp server...

Douglas Kilpatrick kilpatds at oppositelock.org
Tue May 25 13:21:01 UTC 2010

I've coded up a tftp server (using tornado's ioloop) that also talks
with cobbler.  My hope is to use it to replace the system's tftp server,
to simplify sync operations and allow more flexibility in booting and
installing alternate operating systems.

Code is available at http://github.com/kilpatds/cobbler, changes are
limited to one file: scripts/tftpd.py

Right now, it just looks in template_files to see if it should perform
any templating, otherwise it loads files from /tftpboot (well, from the
"prefix" option, which defaults to /tftpboot).  It expands templates via
templar, and uses XMLRPC to talk to cobbler.

If this is of interest, are there any suggestions about where to start
increasing integration?  Long term, I'd like to have it handle
pxelinux.cfg stanzas, but I would also like to keep special-case
business logic outside the program.

Doug
--
Doug Kilpatrick