moving kickstart_done and kickstart_start into snippets and out of kickgen.py

Jonathan Sabo jsabo at criminal.org
Tue May 18 19:42:19 UTC 2010

List,

I wanted to be able to change the method used to signal cobbler
triggers and magic urls based on system breed in order to have them
work in VMware ESX.  ESX's installer makes wget available during the
%pre section but then following install in the %post section only curl
is around.  I moved kickstart_done and kickstart_start out of
kickgen.py and into snippets.  This branch includes the two new
snippets to execute the kickstart_done and kickstart_start stuff and
I've updated the sample kickstarts and removed the two lines from
kickgen.py where it used to be executed from.  Please check it out and
let me know if there are any concerns around going down this path for
the pre post trigger stuff.

http://github.com/jsabo/cobbler/tree/kickstart_done

Thanks,

Jonathan