Bug tracking

Jeff Darcy jdarcy at redhat.com
Tue Jun 21 14:16:40 UTC 2011

On 06/21/2011 09:45 AM, Kaleb S. KEITHLEY wrote:
> I went off in search of TRAC. The only things I have found in the
> f'project/f'hosted wiki seems to suggest that TRAC is how issues with
>  fedora _infrastructure_ are tracked.

ISTRC that I had an option to set up TRAC for CloudFS when I set up the
fedorahosted git repository. Basically any project's "home page" of the
form https://fedorahosted.org/${PROJECT}/browser (just checked 2to3c,
AuthHub, CDUpgrader) is actually a TRAC instance.  This might be one of
those differences between fedoraproject.org and fedorahosted.org, which
sometimes seem rather loosely connected to one another.

> Furthermore the only thing I can find WRT tracking bugs in fedora
> features is the strong suggestion to use bugzilla.redhat.com.
> Bugzilla.redhat.com is publicly accessible. Using it now, versus
> migrating to it later means not having to do the migration. Presuming
>  that there will be enough (valuable) content in the defect reports
> to warrant migrating them.

Did you happen to find any suggestions on how to add a project or
component on bugzilla.redhat.com?