[candlepin] postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.jar?

Alex Wood awood at redhat.com
Mon Feb 16 14:39:57 UTC 2015

On 02/16/2015 04:34 AM, Jorick Astrego wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Having some problems on Centos 7 with Katello 2.1 and foreman 1.7.2, I
> will redeploy on Centos 6 but I was inspecting the logs and found
> references to postgresql-9.0-801.jdbc4.
>
> Any reason this version is used? It's about 4 years old and the server
> packages are currently 9.2 on Centos 7. For postgresql 9.2 this jdbc
> version is unsupported.

Jorick,

We don't require 9.0-801 explicitly.  In our spec file we just have
Requires: postgresql-jdbc so whatever version Yum sees as appropriate
will get installed.

I'm wondering if something is wrong with the dependency resolution on
that system?

Would you mind running a "repoquery postgresql-jdbc" (you may need to
install yum-utils to get repoquery if you don't already have it)?  I'm
also wondering if something else is requiring an older version.  A "rpm
-q --whatrequires postgresql-jdbc" might shed some light on that.
Regards,
Alex

--
Senior Software Engineer