[candlepin] Question about API and pools

Og Maciel omaciel at redhat.com
Thu Jun 20 20:49:26 UTC 2013

I'm writing a script that uses the Katello API to perform several actions. One of these actions is to create a custom provider/product/repo and then create and register systems to use the available pools. For that I am using the following API call:

https://github.com/omaciel/katello-cli/blob/master/src/katello/client/api/organization.py#L53

The problem I'm facing is that there is a delay between creating the provider/product/repo and pools data becoming available through this API call. If I call it right after creating my content, I get an empty list back. If I wait "long enough" I then get a nice list of pools I can subscribe to.

QUESTION: is there another candlepin API call that I can make to poll information about the available pools? I looked at api/owners/events but that didn't work:

% curl -k -u admin:admin -X GET 'https://$SERVER/katello/api/owners/Org1/events'
{"displayMessage":"Resource not found on the server","errors":["Not found"]}

Thanks in advance for the information,
--
Og Maciel

Supervisor, Quality Engineering