refreshing entitlements/pools by product

James Bowes jbowes at redhat.com
Tue Jun 19 17:58:52 UTC 2012

I was looking at PUT /entitlements/product/{product_id} today. That will
regenerate the certificates for all entitlements that grant product_id.

This call isn't sufficient though. since it doesn't refresh the pool
data, candlepin might miss out on attributes changes. IMO it makes more
sense to have a call that does a refresh_pools based on product id,
rather than based on owner id. But, since we have no stored old product
data, we'd have to then go ahead and regenerate all entitlements in the
affected pools.

Does it make sense to have this call be under /entitlements, or should
it be under /products? maybe something like PUT
/products/{product_id}/subscriptions ?

-James