Headpin is now using thin

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Wed Sep 14 18:07:06 UTC 2011

Ok.. I pushed the thin changes just now. I will next work on getting
this into the rpm. For the moment, the RPM is busted.

Per a message from Brad, you will need to change a bit how you develop:

<SNIP>
 From a katello UI code point of view, we had to modify (in some cases)
how we access images/fonts/urls...etc from within the RAILS view code as
well as javascript.  The following is a wiki pg that we created to
describe the common occurrences we saw:
     https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/URLCodeConventions

The following are a couple of the commits where we were addressing these
types of issues:
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=katello.git;a=commit;h=9fb6f706435e22e96ff67ab59e58adf9f0ef86ea
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=katello.git;a=commit;h=734c9a2cb43e1be83b45b4cff24d5e2d9bdace2d
http://git.fedorahosted.org/git/?p=katello.git;a=commit;h=959afc4bf398fbd4f38e2c337ddab9a0a764f12a

If you have any questions or want me to look over any code, feel free to
ping me.
</SNIP>

To run Headpin now, do the following from your checkout directory:

export RAILS_RELATIVE_URL_ROOT=/headpin
./script rails server thin

the browse to http://localhost:3000/headpin

I have updated https://fedorahosted.org/candlepin/wiki/headpin/Building.
Tyler.. it looks like this has the old config stuff. Can you please update?

On a related note, the following model objects need to be updated to the
new API. Tyler, Amos, Tom can you hit that pretty quickly?

Event
ImportRecord
User
Role