Supported Feature Checking Proposal

Devan Goodwin dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca
Fri Jun 24 16:34:18 UTC 2011

On Fri, Jun 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM, Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:
> On 06/24/2011 11:08 AM, Devan Goodwin wrote:
>>
>> This is rather simple and HATEOASy, resource discovery as a way to
>> determine what features are supported. Seem ok?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
> So.. to be clear... this means that the api controllers would support a
>
> /environments
>
> and a
>
> /packagesets

Just /packages hopefully as this is already in Katello, we think this
is the same resource we're talking about associating with a consumer
so hopefully a good indicator of the support we want.

> ??
>
> Does this mean that althouhg we want folks to access
>
> /org/{org_id}/environemnts
>
> we will always support a
>
> /envrironments/{env_id} url?

The plan we talked about for URLs awhile back was if you want the
sub-collection for an org, you go /org/id/environments, but if you
have an actual ID you go back to /environments. We're using this in
Candlepin and talking to Dmitri this should the case for Katello too.

With these in mind /environments and /packages seemed like a
consistent clean way to check.

Cheers,

Devan

--