The spec file for candlepin

Devan Goodwin dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca
Tue Jun 21 14:26:22 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:
> The spec file for candlepin references the distribution in the release
>
> Release: 1%{?dist}
>
> This is messing up the status reporting since this is not replaced until
> build time. I have not seen other products use this. Any issue with
> removing and just making it a number?
>
> -- bk

I think we may need it in there:

"""
Using the %{?dist} Tag

If you wish to use a single spec file to build for multiple
distributions, you can use the %{?dist} tag in the Release field.
Please refer to the Packaging:DistTag documentation for the details on
the appropriate way to do this.
"""

From: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:NamingGuidelines#Release_Tag

It's like this in most every spec I have laying around my machine.

--
Devan Goodwin <dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca>
http://rm-rf.ca