Candlepin 0.5.5 released

jesus m. rodriguez jesusr at redhat.com
Thu Dec 8 20:17:34 UTC 2011

It's that time again, another release of Candlepin and associated
projects available for your enjoyment. With this release we
have subscription-manager in Fedora as well as a debut build of
Thumbslug.

For more information on Candlepin, please visit:
http://candlepinproject.org/

Features & Enhancements

candlepin
----------
* build modified to use the tito hotness instead of bunch of disjoint
   bash scripts
* disable manifest rules import.
* added support for host registration and guest association when host
   can not register itself.

thumbslug
----------
* added appropriate init scripts to run as a service
* uses Candlepin CRL
* thumbslug talks to akamai
* created puppet module for katello

Bugs fixed
746259: Don't allow the user to pass in an empty string as an
         activation key
746732: Only use fallback locales for dates we need to parse
749332: Normalize the error messages for not being registered
749636: Client should not support users entering activation keys
         and existing consumer ids
752572: add interval logging statements back in on rhsmcertd startup
753093: The available subscriptions count does not show correctly
         in Subscription Manager GUI
754821: Default org of "Unknown" was not marked for gettext
755031: Unregister before attempting to run a second registration
755035: Migration script should work on RHEL 5.7 and up.
755130: add extra whitespace to classic warning
755541: Enhanced the message in the katello plugin to debug when
         the backend system does not support environments.
756173: Unexpected behavior change in subscription-manager unregister
756507: do not use output from "getlocale" as input for "setlocale"
758471: install-num-migrate-to-rhsm threw traceback when no instnum
         was found.
759199: rhsmcertd is logging the wrong value for certFrequency

candlepin
754841: Implement DELETE /pools/id.
754843: Fix legacy virt bonus pools missing pool_derived.
755677: Activation Keys should not check quantity on unlimited pools
756628: Translate missing rule errors.
758462: ensure job detail isn't null, skip it.

thumbslug

Download & Setup
=================
Make sure you read over the Candlepin Setup Guide, which is located at
https://fedorahosted.org/candlepin/wiki/Setup

As well as the Headpin Install Guide which can be found at
https://fedorahosted.org/candlepin/wiki/headpin/Install

Just give me the bits already! You can get the various bits at the
urls below.

Candlepin:
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/candlepin/candlepin/

Thumbslug:
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/candlepin/thumbslug/

Headpin:
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/katello

Subscription Manager:

jesus m. rodriguez          | jesusr at redhat.com
principal software engineer | irc: zeus
red hat systems management  | 919.754.4413 (w)
rhce # 805008586930012      | 919.623.0080 (c)
|   "Those who cannot remember the past       |
|    are condemned to repeat it."             |
|                        -- George Santayana  |