Owner Hierarchy

Bryan Kearney bkearney at redhat.com
Thu Sep 9 14:29:00 UTC 2010

On 09/08/2010 03:10 PM, Devan Goodwin wrote:
> Initial cut at the design is here:
> https://fedorahosted.org/candlepin/wiki/OwnerHierarchy
>
> The hierarchy itself is easy IMO, it's the management of pools and the
> impact on our security system that will be hard.
>
> Let me know what you think.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Devan

Devan:

is there a hybrid model where there is something like a "grant". I am
thinking that sub owner would be a consumer in the parent. Then, we
could follow a similar model where a subscription in the child is tied
to a consumer in the parent.

also.. as a stretch...

We heard from one customer that they would like to allocate a range.
So.. for example.. I could "give" to a sub-owner 200 but they can use up
to 500.

-- bk