Building Candlepin in Brew using Mead

Jesus Rodriguez jesusr at redhat.com
Fri May 28 19:01:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 28, 2010 at 01:49:39PM -0400, Mike Bonnet wrote:
> On 05/28/2010 01:10 PM, Jesus M. Rodriguez wrote:
> > On 05/13/2010 05:58 PM, Adam Young wrote:
[snip]

> The best write-up on MEAD at a high level is in a proposal to use it in
> Fedora (note this hasn't really been discussed with a wide audience yet):
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/KojiMavenSupport

Thanks for that information.

[snip]

> The top-level entry-point to a MEAD build is a Maven pom.xml file.
> buildr has a different entry point, so MEAD would need to be modified to
> understand and use that.
>
> Note that buildr support is *way* down on my priority list, and I
> haven't even discussed with the rest of RCM is buildr is a tool we
> want/need to support directly in Brew/MEAD.  The better alternative in
> my view is getting Candlepin to use Maven instead of buildr.

I understand. I didn't know how far along MEAD has come. The original
thought was to get all of the dependent rpms packaged, then use
normal BuildRequires: in the spec file, and have buildr pull in the
jars locally from /usr/share/java. We did something similar with Satellite
using ant.

jesus m. rodriguez          | jesusr at redhat.com
principal software engineer | irc: zeus
red hat systems management  | 919.754.4413 (w)
rhce # 805008586930012      | 919.623.0080 (c)
|   "Those who cannot remember the past       |
|    are condemned to repeat it."             |
|                        -- George Santayana  |