cert-fte-candlepin.devlab.redhat.com updated

Justin Harris jharris at redhat.com
Fri May 28 14:12:22 UTC 2010

----- "Justin Harris" <jharris at redhat.com> wrote:

> ----- "Bryan Kearney" <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:
>
> > On 05/28/2010 03:16 AM, Chris Alfonso wrote:
> > > The candlepin proxy and it services have been redeployed:
> > >
> > > candlepin: .15-1.git.54dd76e11771e0b09e19342aba6585fd73f0bcd2
> > > candlepin-util (it services):
> > 4ea5a4a5b8ef7d5344ba36fdcd3879fb8e4e9607
> > >

> > > If you're paying any attention to this email, you'll notice the
> > > installed candlepin rpm is a tito test build. We wanted to make
> > sure
> > > we got the latest changes on there for subscribe by pool and by
> > > product.
> > >
> > > The bind by product, pool, and regtoken are now functional. The
> > bind
> > > by product takes an engineering product id (what people have
> > referred
> > > to as a hash). There isn't a good way to know what those ids are
> > > without looking at a product cert or by looking in the database.
> > Our
> > > team can help out with the test scenarios by looking up the ids
> if
> > > needed (for the cli testing).
> > >
> > > Let me know if you have any questions.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Chris
> > Thanks Chris. Jharris.. I saw the prodID code went in yesterday.
> Can
> > we
> > use that code to gen up product ids from the IT data?
>
> Yeah I don't see why not, but there's only one way to find out...

Actually, on second thought, this will not work.  I had to add a method for product cert creation
to the product service adapter, and as IT is using their own implementation, they will not get this for free.

With a little copy-paste technology they probably could have it working fairly quickly though...