Integration with a C application

Devan Goodwin dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca
Thu May 6 21:47:57 UTC 2010

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 4:41 PM, Rich Megginson <rmeggins at redhat.com> wrote:
> I am interested in integrating my C application with Candlepin.
> Specifically, I would like to be able to activate certain features in
> the product if there is an entitlement for those features.

Hi Rich, what kind of functionality/architecture are you thinking?
Really depends what you want to do but in general, this would be done
by first modeling your features as Products in Candlepin, who has
access to them as Owner with Users (accounts), and Pools defining what
they have access too and in what quantity. Once that's modelled your C
application would register with Candlepin as a Consumer using simple
REST HTTP calls, and similarly "phone home" to Candlepin server to see
what features should be enabled.

Some wild assumptions on my part in that, some things that probably
need to be refined in the code to allow them, but in any case let us
know some more details if you'd like to chat further and we can try to
help out!

Cheers,

Devan

--