Reviewing the customer create path

Devan Goodwin dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca
Fri Mar 26 19:19:59 UTC 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:
> I took my own advice.. And reviewed one of the existing stories. I have
> a bunch of comments below.
>
> Reviewing the Create Consumer Code
> ==================================
>
> ConsumerResource
> ----------------
> - I assume the owner creation code in the ctor should be a fixme.

+1

> - Should the Identity cert creation go into the Curator? This seems like
> business logic.

+1, may as well move it into ConsumerCurator.create.

> - In general, many of these classes actually implement business logic
> (much of the bind logic). Should this move into a lower level business
> curator? Perhaps there are other interim curators like the entitler.

+1 yeah I'd say so.

> Although the binder is probably a bad name :)

LOL

> - Any reason to not rip out the commented out code blocks for the old
> methods?

Not that I know of.

> IdentityCertAdapter
> -------------------
> - Currently, the adapter needs to (1) Generate and (2) Persist the new
> certficate in the IdentityCertificate database. Do we want the candlepin
> engine proper to actually do the persisting? It seems like this is a
> little bit too much bleed over across the API.

Seems like we've got a confused state here, the cert service adapter
is responsible for generating the cert, is it also responsible for
storage? I guess we're going the opposite direction, generate only,
Candlepin itself will do the storage and retrieval. This will require
some small changes to both the identity cert adapters and entitlement
cert adapters.

> Default Identity Certificate
> ----------------------------
> - nextSerialNumber has a bit of a race condition :)

Yes I was planning to get the serial number generation fixed up for
both types of certs, need to add a task for this but have to wait
until next sprint.

> - why is username in the DN?

Not sure on this one.

Devan