Buildr/Eclipse Hate Each Other

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Tue Mar 23 14:26:08 UTC 2010

We should try a build with an empty repo and  artifacts:sources to
ensure that every jar file has appropriate sources with it.

There is also an approach in Fedora Maven where you can specify that it
should use file to map dependency info to the files in /usr/share/java.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Java/JPPMavenReadme

There seem to be a couple issues with Fedora and Java working together.
Probably first and foremost is the fact that Maven and Buildr use their
own repos.  But second is the naming convention for Source Jars.  Add to
that the Maven approach of putting everything into deep directories
(org/apache/...) where as Fedora puts them all into a single file and we
havea bit of a cluster...

What I'd like to see next sprint is an attempt to get this packages
correctly using the Fedora sources, including adding any third party
packages to Fedora that we use but that aren't currently supported.