Buildr/Eclipse Hate Each Other

Adam Young ayoung at redhat.com
Wed Mar 17 19:37:28 UTC 2010

On 03/17/2010 03:11 PM, Devan Goodwin wrote:
> Warning, if you re-run buildr eclipse to get a new dependency or
> something, several things will break and need to be fixed before
> eclipse will be happy again.
>
> 1. Change your default output dir to something other than target/. If
> eclipse and buildr both use the same dir, running tests from buildr
> will cause eclipse to get very upset.
> 2. Remove src/main/resource from your build path by right clicking it
> in Eclipse, then go re-add it again. I don't know why it works, but it
> does. :)
>
> jmrodri is digging into both of these, but just so everyone is aware,
> this is required every time you run "buildr eclipse".
>
> The symptoms you'll see will be things like missing Hibernate entities
> or missing resources.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Devan

I was finding that running the deploy script messed me up because it was
making the target tree read only (except for root).  I added in a chown
-r ayoung:ayoung . and it cleaned that up.  Beyond that, I tend to hit
F5 every time eclipse gets worried about something.  Escalate to a
"clean" if it persists.