Postgresql Warning

Devan Goodwin dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca
Thu Jul 22 15:53:20 UTC 2010

If you're using a Postgresql DB, it appears to be a bad idea to use
jpa.config.hibernate.hbm2ddl.auto=create in your
/etc/candlepin/candlepin.conf. I think this is only updating your
schema if possible, so if the db has existing schema it will not
necessarily be properly updated after changes. The result can be
partially functional deployments that fail in strange ways.  It should
work ok for in-memory HSQLDB deployments.

For Postgresql, I recommend commenting out this line in
candlepin.conf, and using GENDB=1 with your deploy command to rebuild
the db. This will destroy it completely and rebuild.

Cheers,

Devan

--
Devan Goodwin <dgoodwin at rm-rf.ca>