Couple of comments on the CRL Branch

Ajay Kumar ajaykumarns at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 15:26:51 UTC 2010

I believe they don't provide a streaming api because of the fact that
if you are going to sign the certificate, you would have to anyway
load the entire content into memory(hash/do some security stuff on
contents) and sign it. I could be wrong though.

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:24 AM, Jesus M. Rodriguez <jmrodri at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 11:13 AM, Ajay Kumar <ajaykumarns at gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 2, 2010 at 1:16 PM, Bryan Kearney <bkearney at redhat.com> wrote:
>>> - First time I have seen a Dto object in the code base. What caused us
>>> to need it?
>> Not me! :D
>>> - Who calls the ctor on CertificateRevocationListTask? How does the
>>> parameters get set?
>> HighlanderJobFactory takes care of configuring the tasks as well as
>> injecting dependencies into the task objects.
>>
>>> - Reading in the entire CRL into memory scares me :) If we assume a
>>> serial number is a long of average length stored as a string, then it is
>>> 10 bytes. Add another 18 bytes for the time stamp as a string, and then
>>> you get 28 bytes per entry. A million entitlements would get us roughly
>>> a 26 meg file. Is there a way to stream this? Perhaps read in each
>>> record from the CRL and the process it into the new file?
>>
>> I had the same concern and I concur with you 100%. I have gone through
>> some of the approaches below.
>>
>> 1. Streaming api is not provided by bouncycastle(AFAIK). I think
>> streaming api would have done lot of help to us considering the fact
>> that the number of revoked certificates does not go down.
>
> Is this something we can write and possibly submit back to bouncycastle?
>
> jesus

with regards
     Ajay Kumar.N.S
http://www.linkedin.com/in/ajaykumarns